“Successfully putting into action”
Implementation includes the elements development, data cleanup, deployment, training, coaching and project management. In this project phase, the IDM system is installed in a development environment and deron implements what was previously planned.
- deron implements functionalities such as workflows, applications, approvals, releases, escalations, integrates source and target systems, and designs user interfaces for ordering roles and authorizations.
- Before user data from the authorization administrations of the source systems can be compared with the target systems, it must be cleaned up. deron uses special database-supported analysis tools to check the completeness of authorization data, detect duplicates and identify incorrect data, before finally cleaning them up.
- deron supports you step for step in the rollout of your IDM solution. When migrating customer data, it makes sense to divide it into branches or departments in order not to overburden the customer’s organization during the changeover.
- After deployment has been completed, the customer’s administrators must be able to guarantee the secure operation of the IDM system. For this purpose, we offer training workshops tailored to the customer.
- As a sensible supplement to the conventional project approach, coaching offers the most effective way to transfer knowledge. Our specialists impart experience and support you in building up know-how during the project with hands-on experience.
- The success of an IDM project depends largely on the availability and experience of the customer’s project manager. The challenges of an IDM project lie not so much in the technical component as in the integration of departments outside IT such as HR or Compliance. deron supports, accompanies and empowers the customer’s project manager extensively in these tasks with regard to technical, organizational and communicative aspects.
Our services in detail
The time has come, all detailed business and technical concepts have been created and the identity management specialists can begin with the technical implementation. The deron IDM project methodology provides for a 4-step implementation concept with the following phases
- Preparation of Data migration
- and operation in the production system
This approach ensures a safe and fast implementation and enables us to incorporate all our experience into the development of your IdM system and to create a flexible and future-proof solution.
In this phase, the IDM system is installed in a development environment and the functionalities are developed on the basis of the specifications from the detailed business and technical concepts. Our experienced specialists for all leading IDM products and the re-usable templates from numerous projects enable secure and fast development.
The main elements of the development are the technical implementation of
- The user lifecycle processes for internal and external employees, suppliers, customers or administrators through workflows that includes request, approvals, releases, escalations, etc.
- The connection logic for source systems (SAP HR, Loga etc.) and target systems (Active Directory, Exchange, Lotus Notes, SAP Module, Host systems, Databases etc.)
- The business role concepts
- The customized GUI’s (User Interface) for the ordering of roles and authorizations in a webshop
During development, the various development modules are tested in modules on the basis of the previously developed test concept. The individual modules are then brought together and an integration test is carried out in the overall context according to test sequences that have been precisely defined in the detailed technical concept. For this purpose, the complete user life cycles from the detailed technical concept are simulated and validated.
Based on the detailed technical concept, deron offers you decisive added value in the implementation phase: Only the right IDM architecture ensures that the development can be divided into modules in such a way that the IDM solution remains flexibly adaptable, implementable and thus manageable. After all, you don’t want to start over with your IDM every time you change your organization!
Our holistic approach and our principles, which focus on people, have led us to develop our own IDM components, which can be based on standard IDM products. Among other things, we extend IDM products with functionalities such as
- user-friendly webshops for ordering roles, permissions and other resources
- an easy-to-use reporting system
- interoperability with IT service and license management
- the integration of software distribution solutions
- Interoperability with ITSM suites (ITIL)
We are pleased to present you our IDM extensions as a comparison to the standard IDM products, so that you can convince yourself of the added value offered by our own developments.
Once the developments have been completed and tested, the difficult phase of data reconciliation is about to begin. An essential component here is the preparation of the data transfer (initial load). The goal is to synchronize and clean up all user data from the connected authorization administrations of the source and target systems.
The data reconciliation cannot be carried out manually. For this reason we use our self-developed, database-supported analysis tools.
- When checking the completeness of authorization data
- When identifying the inconsistency and erroneous data
- and detecting duplicates
Even the subsequent data cleanup, e.g. in an Active Directory, is not possible without the help of special tools. With the help of our extensive and varied experience and the use of other useful tools that we have developed ourselves, we can reduce your effort for the cleanup considerably.
Once all developments have been completed, tested and the data transfer has been prepared, the deplyoment to the productive system can begin. First, the IDM system is installed in the production environment. All developments are then transferred to the productive system using a step-by-step plan, and the cleaned-up user data is migrated to the IDM system.
deron supports you in the rollout of your IDM solution with precise planning of the relevant quantities, taking into account your individual organizational structure. To name just one example: When migrating data, logical divisions often make sense for the customer. Individual units, such as branches or departments, are gradually put into operation in order to avoid temporary overstraining of the organization. Also in the last step of the implementation, deron can incorporate numerous empirical values from other projects and thus ensure your project success.
After deployment is complete, it is very important for you that your administrators can guarantee the secure operation of the IDM system. For this purpose we offer training workshops in which you can build up the necessary specialist knowledge for the support and further development of your solution. Our training workshops
- are individually tailored to your project situation, in contrast to the manufacturers’ standard training courses.
- contain practical examples that consider your processes and your source and target systems
- include training documents individually created for you, which you can fall back on at a later date.
- take the existing skills of your employees into account and build on them
Training workshops take place on our premises or, if you wish, can also be held on your premises.
As a sensible supplement to the conventional project procedure, based on the contents of our training workshops, close coaching offers the most effective opportunity for intensive, individual knowledge transfer within your project. Oriented towards different target groups such as administrators, developers, role managers, etc., our specialists pass on their experience to you and support you in building up know-how during the project and “hands on”. This enables your project team to take on more and more tasks and project responsibility step by step during the conception and implementation of individual phases, thereby significantly reducing the external effort in later project phases.
Our coaching concept gives you maximum investment protection, because after the handover you do not have a “black box”, but an IDM system that your administrators and developers know down to the last detail.
The success of an IDM project depends significantly on the availability and experience of your project manager, because the challenges of an IDM project lie not only in the technical components. Many tasks and subsequent changes to the project affect the organization, procedures, and operating procedures within and without the IT department. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully select and integrate all instances involved in the project, check resource availability and reliably delegate corresponding tasks. However, it is not sufficient to do this only at the beginning of the project, but also during the entire duration of the project.
deron intensively supports, accompanies and empowers your project manager in these tasks. We provide the project with a deron project manager who can draw on extensive experience from a wide variety of projects with regard to technical, organizational and communicative aspects.
In addition to classic project management activities such as scheduling and organization, project accounting, status calls, escalation / de-escalation, reporting, risk management, etc., we support your project manager in the cyclical processing of tasks that are necessary during the entire project. These include:
- Coordination and review of the project master plan
- Communication with all participants in the project
- Planning and modification of the necessary resources of the client and contractor and possibly other project participants
- Clear and unambiguous task distribution among the team members
- Presentation of results to a steering committee or decision-making body.